SIDS is scary to any parent. What can you do to help prevent this tragedy? Here are some tips:
* Place your baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and night time.
* Use a safety approved crib with a firm, tight-fitting mattress.
* Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby's sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers and positioners).
* Use a SleepSack™ wearable blanket to replace loose blankets in your baby's crib.
* DO NOT put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins, etc.).
* Room sharing is safer than bed sharing.
* DO NOT dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature between 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
* DO NOT let anyone smoke around your baby or be in a room where someone has recently smoked.
* Educate relatives, baby sitters and other caregivers about these important safety tips.
* Tummy time is important for babies while they are awake and being supervised. Place your baby on his or her tummy for playtime to help strengthen their upper body muscles.
You can win a wearable blanket by Halo perfect for SIDS prevention at Katydid and Kid.